Discovery Of Self.

Hello there! Here is my attempt to write a poem, the first one for my blog. I call it "Discovery Of Self", hope you like it.

I had been wading that night
Feeble, in search of might.
I kept walking till I reached the horizon
Where the world seemed to come to an end.
Life persisted, but the moment was put on halt.
I let the wind blow through my locks
And wondered what was it.
Where was everything heading to?
What was the purpose underlying?
I noticed a conflict within me
Questioning my identity,
Driving me to the roads unknown.
I walked past the nonevents,
Hoping to reach the anticipated high.

Things were not easy,
A few wounds yet to be healed
My carefree being had to be left back there.
Change was apparently the only constant,
Life, never going to be the same.
How far had I come?
How many miles remained to fathom?
I wondered, again.
Time made me grow restless and tired,
Made my heart turn less of hope.
Thought it was enough to back off
And continue some other day.

But, I put behind the laid-back self,
Erased doubt off my mind,
Choosing to not to call it off,
And move forth, beginning to find
The answer to my skepticism
The truth, if it was all mine.
The driving force within me,
And everything else fragile.
Life began to surprise me,
Every single step put forth.
I began with the discovery of self,
With all the courage I bore.

The mind was fickle,
Trying to fit into the flow
And the heart was brave enough
To learn to let go.
I was new as old as I was
I could get through it all.
There was a dream, waiting to be run.
A burning desire, riding hot as the sun.
No place for chaos,
I could see right through.
My vision was never clearer,
And thoughts, never so tuned.
I was no longer an aimless soul
Who wandered without a goal.
I was, a bird with new found wings,
The one, who had learnt to fly.

Comments